The opportunity to attend Episcopal Day School is a significant one, providing a uniquely nurturing educational experience that encourages students to become curious and thoughtful learners, and respectful citizens of their world. We want prospective parents to know that the school is prepared to assist families in providing an Episcopal Day School experience for their children. We seek families from a wide variety of backgrounds, and we are committed to ensuring that all forms of diversity exist within the school community, including socio-economic.
Families at Episcopal Day School pay a range of tuition based upon their demonstrated financial need. This range is created by carefully analyzing a family’s total financial situation to determine the amount of tuition they are able to pay. The financial aid application process at Episcopal Day School is quite similar to that used at colleges and universities across the county. Episcopal Day School uses a third party, FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment, to determine aid eligibility by analyzing a family’s financial statements, including IRS returns. The cost of this analysis is $30.00.
Key points about financial aid at EDS:
- Every family, regardless of their level of need, pays some amount of tuition.
- Episcopal Day School has limited resources and cannot provide support to every family. Aid is allocated to these prioritized groups: current families, new Emmanuel Episcopal Church families, and then other new families.
- Financial aid decisions for an upcoming school year are made in the spring. On occasion, some financial aid is available at the end of summer.
- The information gathered in the application process is treated in a privileged and confidential manner.
- A grant of financial aid is made for one year. Families must reapply each year. If a family’s financial situation remains unchanged, it is likely that the level of aid will be sustained for the following year.
- Episcopal Day School expects that all students will make appropriate academic progress and be good citizens within the school community. This is equally true for children receiving financial aid.
- The costs of lunches, consumable materials, field trips, special events, etc. are additional expenses that are not covered by financial aid.
If you have further questions about financial aid at Episcopal Day School, please call the school at 910-692-3492. You may also contact Tom Brereton, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org