Our mission is to provide a strong foundation for life-long learning by engaging the mind, body and spirit in a nurturing Christian community.
What We Believe
- Students are safe at EDS: emotionally, socially, and physically. A comfortable, safe environment promotes student learning.
- Students’ confidence and self-esteem are enhanced by positive academic and social experiences.
- Students are exposed to a variety of academic and enrichment experiences using instructional practices which meet the needs of a range of learning styles.
- Students become confident, self-directed, life-long learners through a deep commitment to continuous improvement, as well as developing a realistic self-assessment process for judging the quality of their own work.
- Students are valued as individuals, each with a unique set of intelligences: physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual. We also see them holistically, the sum of these various intellects, and seek to assess them accordingly.
- Students are provided with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate mastery.
- Students demonstrate their mastery and understanding of essential knowledge and skills by applying both to new problems and situations.
- All students can learn.
- Decisions concerning the policies, practices, and culture of the school are made in a manner that is consistent with the school’s mission.
- Advancing the mission of EDS is the responsibility of all constituents: students, teachers, administrators, parents, trustees, and Emmanuel Episcopal Church.